BMW HP2 SPORT
A true Race Replica from the Bayerische Motoren Werke! This is a surprisingly faithful replica of the factory’s endurance racer, performance before unheard of from a road-going BMW.
BMW Motorrad deliberately decided to further develop this historic engine concept, showing what they could do with this Boxer-engine if given free rein and they gave their technical boffins in the R&D department cart blanche and an open cheque book. In short, this is the best and most high-tech Boxer-engined BMW that the company will ever produce.
Besides the magnificent Boxer-engine, this is not a bike, but rather a moving work of art and technical excellence, techno porn of the highest order. This bike oozes with solid aluminium parts to the finest degree, from the top yoke, to eccentric footpeg adjustors allowing the riders peg and lever to swivel through 360 degrees range of heights. Standard features on this bike look like a list of the finest aftermarket accessories that you would spoil yourself with.
Clad in full Carbon Fibre bodywork right down to the carbon cylinder covers, Ohlins shocks, traditional BMW telelever front end, Brembo race brakes and sculptured integrated stainless steel exhaust.
Production ran from 2008 to 2010 with a total production of only 2259 units built.
It is adorned with:
- Full carbon body work
- Self-supporting carbon seat unit
- Carbon cylinder head protectors
- Quick shifter for gear selection
- MotoGP style dashboard (2008
- World Superbike dash by 2D as per the top teams)
- Lightweight forged aluminium wheels
- Racing Brembo brakes front
- Ohlins suspension front and rear
- Styled stainless steel exhaust
- Milled aluminium footpegs, top yoke and brake calipers to keep the weight down
- Engine – 1170cc, four stroke, 2 cylinder boxer air/oil-cooled, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke – 101 x 73mm
- Compression Ratio – 12.5:1
- Induction via BMS-K 52mm throttle butterfly
- Transmission – 6 speed, single-disc dry clutch
- Final Drive – Shaft
- Tyres – front 120/70-ZR17 , rear 190/55-ZR17
- Weight – 178kg dry
- Max Power – 96kW / 130hp @ 8750rpm
- Max Torque – 115Nm @ 6000rpm
- Standing 0-100km – 3,1sec
- Standing 0-150km – 5,4sec
- Top Speed – 248.7km/h
More from our Museum
The Codice della Strada (Italian Highway Code) was amended in 1959 to prohibit motorcycles under 150cc from using the……
The Buell Motorcycle Company was an American motorcycle manufacturer based in Wisconsin.
The HP label stands for High Performance and this HP series was founded by BMW in 2005.