2012 Ducati Diavel AMG Motorbike
Ducati celebrated their partnership with AMG, since 2010, by producing the “Ducati Diavel AMG Special Edition”.
Inspired by the German maker’s unmistakeable styling. Combining Exclusivity with high-performance, the Diavel AMG is the perfect synthesis of the two unequalled brands with a shared passion for exceptional achievement,unique design and conscientious attention to detail.
At inception it was planned for only 1000 units of this special Edition to be built, however during the production run in 2012, Audi bought Ducati and production was stopped immediately.
This bike in picture is one of the last of the production being bike Number 743.
It is adorned with:
- Forged Marchesini 5-spoke wheels in the AMG design
- She is dressed in full matte Carbon Fibre body work
- Carbon Fibre air vents with aluminium trimming in the Mercedes SLS design
- Special AMG sports exhaust with “AMG” branded end-caps
- Horizontally ribbed seat upholstered in Alcantara
- Frame, tank and passenger seat cover are painted in AMG’s Diamond White
- A plaque on the tank signifying the models exclusivity with each bikes number (the bike in picture being number 743)
- AMG logo is laser engraved into the air-duct panels either side of the fuel tank
- Each bike has a plate mounted on the engine carrying the signature of the worker who manually calibrated the Desmodromic system timing
- Engine – 1198,4cc, liquid cooled, 90° L-twin cylinder, DOHC, desmodromic 4 valve per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke – 106 x 67.9mm
- Compression Ratio 11.5:1
- Max Power – 119kW (162hp) @ 9500rpm
- Max Torque – 127.5Nm (94lb-ft) @ 8000rpm
- RbW – Ride by Wire
- DTC – Ducati Traction Control derived from racing (8 level)
- Suspension: front – 50mm Marzocchi finished in super-low friction DLC (Diamond Like Carbon), rear – Sachs
- Brakes – Brembo’s front and rear
- Transmission: 6-speed wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive – Chain
- Weight – 205kg dry , 234kg wet
- Instruments – TFT colour display
- Tyres – front 120/70-ZR17 , rear 240/45-ZR17
- Wheelbase of 1590mm
- Standing ¼mile 10.7sec
- Top Speed – 252.4km/h (156.8mph)
More from our Museum
Moto Guzzi is an iconic Italian motorcycle manufacturer that is well-known for their historical prominence in racing and innovation's. They introduced the first motorcycle center stand, first bike manufacturer to use a wind tunnel and they gave us the first 500cc...
Suzuki released an incredibly faithful reproduction of the original 1100cc, as a pocket rocket in the form of a 400cc, using the Suzuki Bandit motor as its heart
Aprilia with their heritage and race pedigree of 54 World titles to their name, stayed true to these principles when setting their goals with the RSV4 project.