2012 DUCATI DIAVEL AMG
Ducati celebrated their partnership with AMG, since 2010, by producing the “Ducati Diavel AMG Special Edition”.
Inspired by the German maker’s unmistakeable styling. Combining Exclusivity with high-performance, the Diavel AMG is the perfect synthesis of the two unequalled brands with a shared passion for exceptional achievement,unique design and conscientious attention to detail.
At inception it was planned for only 1000 units of this special Edition to be built, however during the production run in 2012, Audi bought Ducati and production was stopped immediately.
This bike in picture is one of the last of the production being bike Number 743.
It is adorned with:
- Forged Marchesini 5-spoke wheels in the AMG design
- She is dressed in full matte Carbon Fibre body work
- Carbon Fibre air vents with aluminium trimming in the Mercedes SLS design
- Special AMG sports exhaust with “AMG” branded end-caps
- Horizontally ribbed seat upholstered in Alcantara
- Frame, tank and passenger seat cover are painted in AMG’s Diamond White
- A plaque on the tank signifying the models exclusivity with each bikes number (the bike in picture being number 743)
- AMG logo is laser engraved into the air-duct panels either side of the fuel tank
- Each bike has a plate mounted on the engine carrying the signature of the worker who manually calibrated the Desmodromic system timing
- Engine – 1198,4cc, liquid cooled, 90° L-twin cylinder, DOHC, desmodromic 4 valve per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke – 106 x 67.9mm
- Compression Ratio 11.5:1
- Max Power – 119kW (162hp) @ 9500rpm
- Max Torque – 127.5Nm (94lb-ft) @ 8000rpm
- RbW – Ride by Wire
- DTC – Ducati Traction Control derived from racing (8 level)
- Suspension: front – 50mm Marzocchi finished in super-low friction DLC (Diamond Like Carbon), rear – Sachs
- Brakes – Brembo’s front and rear
- Transmission: 6-speed wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive – Chain
- Weight – 205kg dry , 234kg wet
- Instruments – TFT colour display
- Tyres – front 120/70-ZR17 , rear 240/45-ZR17
- Wheelbase of 1590mm
- Standing ¼mile 10.7sec
- Top Speed – 252.4km/h (156.8mph)
More from our Museum
BMW HP4 "High Performance Four" The HP label stands for High Performance and this HP series was founded by BMW in 2005. After the boxer models HP2 Megamoto, the HP2 Enduro and the HP2 Sport, the BMW HP4 is the first 4-cylinder motorcycle in the HP family. The BMW HP4...
BMW HP2 SPORT "High-Performance Twin"A true Race Replica from the Bayerische Motoren Werke! This is a surprisingly faithful replica of the factory's endurance racer, performance before unheard of from a road-going BMW.BMW Motorrad deliberately decided to further...
1982 DUCATI 900 MHR "Mike Hailwood Replica" Mike Hailwood also known as "Mike the Bike" is one of the most celebrated racers of all time. Having won 76 Grand Prix, 112 Grand Prix podiums, 14 Isle of Man TT wins and 9 World Championships. In 1978 after an 11 year break...