2020 Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory
Aprilia with their heritage and race pedigree of 54 World titles to their name, stayed true to these principles and values when setting their goals with the RSV4 project. “To be the absolute best and fastest uncompromising superbike, the closest to Aprilia racing bikes in terms of performance and effectiveness”.
Starting with the frame, which is an evolution of the 18 title and 143 Grand Prix race winning frame of their 250 GP class machine. The RSV4 is in fact now the only superbike that allows rider to adjust the engine position in the frame. Coupled with this, the RSV4 chassis allows the rider to change the headstock angle, the swingarm pivot and rear-end height. In addition to all of this the “Factory” has fully adjustable semi-active suspension and aerodynamic winglets on the fairing for the first time. Just like their real race bikes.
With the RSV4 Factory they paid very close attention to weight reduction, achieving a final weight with full tank of a mere 199kg. This was achieved by using only the finest and most exclusive materials such as magnesium on the cylinder heads, oil sump and external housings, also carbon fiber on body panels such as winglets, mudguard and brake ducts. Weight reduction goes right down to lightweight titanium Akrapovic exhaust and the ultra light lithium battery.
Now with this extremely low weight and a powerful V4 motor pushing out 217hp, they had to include an array of electronic wizardry to assist riders. No cost was spared on this front either with traction control, wheelie control, up and down quickshift, pit lane limiter and a cruise control. All this is finished off with a beautiful full colour TFT instrumentation.
The whole package is finished off in graphics dedicated to their MotoGP racing program called “Atomic Racer” on the backdrop of natural carbon and matt black. Completed with the “1100 Factory” logo laser etched on the upper steering yoke.
It is adorned with:
- Paint finish is combination of matt black with natural carbon fiber with “Atomic Racer” graphics
- Ohlins semi-active front suspension controlled electronically
- Electronically controlled Ohlins steering damper
- Brembo front and rear brakes
- Light forged aluminium wheels
- Array of carbon body panels in natural clear
- Carbon winglets designed in the wind tunnel
- Ultra light street legal Titanium exhaust system
- ATC – Aprilia Traction Control
- AWC – Aprilia Wheelie Control
- ALC – Aprilia Launch Control
- AQS – Aprilia Quick Shifter (open throttle quickshifter on the up and down shifts)
- APL – Aprilia Pit Limiter
- ACC – Aprilia Cruise Control
- Full colour TFT Instrumentation
- Engine – 1077cc, four stroke, longitudinal V65º 4 cylinder, DOHC, 4-valves per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke – 81×52.3mm
- Compression Ratio – 13.6:1
- Induction – 4 Marelli 48-mm throttle bodies with 8 injectors
- Transmission – 6 speed,Multi-disc oil bath clutch
- Final Drive – Chain
- Tyres – front 120/70 ZR17 , rear 200/55 ZR17
- Weight – 182kg dry , 199kg wet
- Max Power – 159.6kW / 217hp @ 13200rpm
- Max Torque – 122Nm @ 11000rpm
More from our Museum
Moto Guzzi is an iconic Italian motorcycle manufacturer that is well-known for their historical prominence in racing and innovation's. They introduced the first motorcycle center stand, first bike manufacturer to use a wind tunnel and they gave us the first 500cc...
Suzuki released an incredibly faithful reproduction of the original 1100cc, as a pocket rocket in the form of a 400cc, using the Suzuki Bandit motor as its heart
This new 2020 Suzuki Katana pays homage to the distinctive original 1981 design and looks, with a sprinkle of 21st century practicality.