2014 Bimota Tesi 3D 40 Anniversario
“The Forkless Wonder”
Bimota is a small Italian manufacturer of custom and production motorcycles. It was founded in 1973 in Rimini, Italy, by Valerio BIanchi, Giuseppe MOrri and Massimo TAmburini. From the beginning they concentrated on building high-quality motorcycles chassis around existing engines.
The Tesi 1D was originally designed by Pier Luigi Marconi in 1992. The Tesi 3D was then completely redesigned by Andrea Acquaviva, former protege of Marconi. With much improved front end, increasing the sweep from 17 degrees to 21, making it a much friendlier and more maneuverable bike.
Being Bimota’s signature motorcycle, they celebrated their 40th Anniversary appropriately with the final encarnation of their Tesi 3D in Street Fighter guise and pillion seat. This final evolution of the 3D also no longer features a pull piston for the front suspension but a monoshock attached to the front swingarm. Finished off in the Italian “tricolore”, all billet machined alloy black anodized and named aptly the 40 Anniversario. Only 40 specimen were built, each characterized by the specific livery for this version and a plaque indicating the serial number.
The bike in picture is bike number 5 of 40.
It is adorned with:
- Carbon fibre body parts and cowling in a large weave
- Light alloy trellis frame finished in black
- Forged alluminium OZ racing wheels
- Brembo brakes front and rear
- Ducati 1100 DS (Dual Spark) motor
- Billet alluminium machined omega frame anodized in black
- Bimota titanium exhaust by Arrows with a carbon fibre end cap
- Front and rear suspension are by Extreme Tech
- Hybrid analog and LCD display
- Painted in the Italian Tricolore (Green/White/Red)
- Plaque on the left hand side of the bike’s delta frame signifying the serial number of 40
- Engine – 1078cc, 90° L-twin, air cooled, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder desmodromic (Ducati motor)
- Bore x Stroke – 98 x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio – 10.5:1
- Fuel Injection via Bimota Athena/Electronic
- Transmission 6-speed, wet clutch
- Final Drive – Chain
- Tyres – front 120/70-ZR17 , rear 180/55-ZR17
- Weight – 167kg dry
- Max Power – 73kW / 98hp @ 7500rpm
- Max Torque – 105Nm @5500rpm
More from our Museum
2020 Moto Guzzi V7 III Carbon
Moto Guzzi is an iconic Italian motorcycle manufacturer that is well-known for their historical prominence in racing and innovation's. They introduced the first motorcycle center stand, first bike manufacturer to use a wind tunnel and they gave us the first 500cc...
1992 Suzuki GSX 400S Katana
Suzuki released an incredibly faithful reproduction of the original 1100cc, as a pocket rocket in the form of a 400cc, using the Suzuki Bandit motor as its heart
2020 Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory
Aprilia with their heritage and race pedigree of 54 World titles to their name, stayed true to these principles when setting their goals with the RSV4 project.
Chase your dream and add that unique item to your man cave. Acquire a choice brand product and live the dream.
Each bike tells a story and was designed and developed for a reason! Discover that reason with us.