2014 BIMOTA TESI 3D 40 ANNIVERSARIO
“The Forkless Wonder”
Bimota is a small Italian manufacturer of custom and production motorcycles. It was founded in 1973 in Rimini, Italy, by Valerio BIanchi, Giuseppe MOrri and Massimo TAmburini. From the beginning they concentrated on building high-quality motorcycles chassis around existing engines.
The Tesi 1D was originally designed by Pier Luigi Marconi in 1992. The Tesi 3D was then completely redesigned by Andrea Acquaviva, former protege of Marconi. With much improved front end, increasing the sweep from 17 degrees to 21, making it a much friendlier and more maneuverable bike.
Being Bimota’s signature motorcycle, they celebrated their 40th Anniversary appropriately with the final encarnation of their Tesi 3D in Street Fighter guise and pillion seat. This final evolution of the 3D also no longer features a pull piston for the front suspension but a monoshock attached to the front swingarm. Finished off in the Italian “tricolore”, all billet machined alloy black anodized and named aptly the 40 Anniversario. Only 40 specimen were built, each characterized by the specific livery for this version and a plaque indicating the serial number.
The bike in picture is bike number 5 of 40.
It is adorned with:
- Carbon fibre body parts and cowling in a large weave
- Light alloy trellis frame finished in black
- Forged alluminium OZ racing wheels
- Brembo brakes front and rear
- Ducati 1100 DS (Dual Spark) motor
- Billet alluminium machined omega frame anodized in black
- Bimota titanium exhaust by Arrows with a carbon fibre end cap
- Front and rear suspension are by Extreme Tech
- Hybrid analog and LCD display
- Painted in the Italian Tricolore (Green/White/Red)
- Plaque on the left hand side of the bike’s delta frame signifying the serial number of 40
- Engine – 1078cc, 90° L-twin, air cooled, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder desmodromic (Ducati motor)
- Bore x Stroke – 98 x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio – 10.5:1
- Fuel Injection via Bimota Athena/Electronic
- Transmission 6-speed, wet clutch
- Final Drive – Chain
- Tyres – front 120/70-ZR17 , rear 180/55-ZR17
- Weight – 167kg dry
- Max Power – 73kW / 98hp @ 7500rpm
- Max Torque – 105Nm @5500rpm
More from our Museum
BMW HP4 "High Performance Four" The HP label stands for High Performance and this HP series was founded by BMW in 2005. After the boxer models HP2 Megamoto, the HP2 Enduro and the HP2 Sport, the BMW HP4 is the first 4-cylinder motorcycle in the HP family. The BMW HP4...
BMW HP2 SPORT "High-Performance Twin"A true Race Replica from the Bayerische Motoren Werke! This is a surprisingly faithful replica of the factory's endurance racer, performance before unheard of from a road-going BMW.BMW Motorrad deliberately decided to further...
1982 DUCATI 900 MHR "Mike Hailwood Replica" Mike Hailwood also known as "Mike the Bike" is one of the most celebrated racers of all time. Having won 76 Grand Prix, 112 Grand Prix podiums, 14 Isle of Man TT wins and 9 World Championships. In 1978 after an 11 year break...