2016 Yamaha YZF-R1 60TH Anniversary
This bike is also known as the “2016 Kenny Roberts Replica” or the “YZF-R1 US Edition”
This very distinctive and iconic Yellow Black Block Design, also known as the Speedblock Design, was made famous by the US racer Kenny Roberts Senior during his campaign in the 500cc World Grand Prix Championship, aboard his Yamaha YZR500. King Kenny entered the European 500cc GP stage in 1978 and won it on his first attempt.
This epic achievement in 1978 would mark the first of 3 consecutive titles for Yamaha and Roberts and cement the corporate paint scheme to Kenny’s string of successes. To celebrate Yamaha’s 60th Anniversary they used this distinctive color scheme as they had done with the 50th Anniversary.
This was an undefined limited edition production run, of which most of the units headed for the US.
It is adorned with:
- Iconic retro Yellow Black Block Design bodywork
- Lightweight race-ready Magnesium wheels painted in gold harking back to Kenny’s YZR500
- Lightweight Magnesium engine covers painted in silver and not the traditional black
- Titanium exhaust system
- Aluminium Fuel Tank
- Badge on the petrol tank signifying the 60th Anniversary
- Mechanically the bike is same as the conventional 2016 YZF-R1
- 2016 Yamaha YZF-R1 60TH Anniversary
- PWR – Power Delivery Mode for rider to choose power delivery from throttle.
- TCS – Variable Traction Control System reducing rear wheel spin at lean angles.
- SCS – Slide Control System (first of its kind straight of the Yamaha M1 racebike).
- LIF – Lift Control System reducing front wheel lift during acceleration.
- LCS – Launch Control System to maximize acceleration from a standing start.
- QSS – Quick shift System for adjustable clutchless gearshifting for quicker laptimes.
- YCC-T – Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle, (Ride-by-Wire Throttle).
- YCC-I – Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, (broadens spread of power in both low and high rpm)
- Full Color TFT multifunction instrument display.
- LED headlights, position lights and turn signals.
- Engine – 998cc, liquid-cooled inline 4 cylinder DOHC, 16 valves.
- Bore x Stroke – 79.0 x 50.9mm
- Compression Ratio 13.0:1
- Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)
- Transmission 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch.
- Final Drive O-ring chain.
- Unified Brake System and ABS.
- Weight – 199kg wet weight.
- Tyres – front 120/70Z-R17 , rear 190/55Z-R17
- Max Power – 147.1kW / 200hp @ 13500rpm
- Max Torque – 112.4Nm @ 11500rpm
More from our Museum
BMW HP4 "High Performance Four" The HP label stands for High Performance and this HP series was founded by BMW in 2005. After the boxer models HP2 Megamoto, the HP2 Enduro and the HP2 Sport, the BMW HP4 is the first 4-cylinder motorcycle in the HP family. The BMW HP4...
BMW HP2 SPORT "High-Performance Twin"A true Race Replica from the Bayerische Motoren Werke! This is a surprisingly faithful replica of the factory's endurance racer, performance before unheard of from a road-going BMW.BMW Motorrad deliberately decided to further...
1982 DUCATI 900 MHR "Mike Hailwood Replica" Mike Hailwood also known as "Mike the Bike" is one of the most celebrated racers of all time. Having won 76 Grand Prix, 112 Grand Prix podiums, 14 Isle of Man TT wins and 9 World Championships. In 1978 after an 11 year break...