“High Performance Four”
The HP label stands for High Performance and this HP series was founded by BMW in 2005. After the boxer models HP2 Megamoto, the HP2 Enduro and the HP2 Sport, the BMW HP4 is the first 4-cylinder motorcycle in the HP family.
The BMW HP4 saw its world premiere in 2012, 2 years after the BMW S1000RR it is based on. After 2 years of racing IDM (German Superbike Championship), FIM Superstock and WSBK Superbikes, BMW used all the race experience gained to create this race replica and homologation bike, with revised geometry as well as all the race electronic wizardry.
These HP4’s were the lightest 4-cylinder supersports bikes in the 1000cc class when launched, with a power output of 193hp and only 169kg dry weight. Truly outstanding, exclusive and authentic, reflected by the use of extremely high-quality materials and intelligent technology,
carefully conceived down to the last detail.
Within the HP4 range, BMW also offered an especially exclusive version fitted with what they called the “Competition Package”. This package consisted of refined HP carbon parts such as long closed engine spoiler, HP carbon badge carrier, HP carbon tank cover, HP hinged race brake and clutch levers, HP fully adjustable rider footrest system, wheels in metallic racing blue as well as supplying the sponsor sticker kit.
Production ran from 2012 to 2014 with a total production of only 6000 units built.This bike in picture is bike number 3855 and is fitted with the very exclusive Full Competition Package.
It is adorned with:
- HP4 Hybrid instrument cluster
- Full Competition Package
- HP carbon parts
- Hinged clutch and brake levers
- Fully adjustable rider footrest system
- Wheels in metallic racing blue
- Paint finish on bodywork besides clear coated carbon is in metallic racing blue with light white
- Forged light alloy wheels
- Brembo brakes front and rear with special brake pads
- Floating front discs
- Electronic active suspension
- Light titanium Akrapovic exhaust system with controlled acoustic valve
- Laser engraved serial number and HP4 logo on the triple clamp
- DDC – Dynamic Damping Control suspension with “Rain, Sport, Wet and Slick” modes
- Race ABS with IDM settings
- DTC – Dynamic Traction Control with fine tune adjustment on “Slick” mode
- Launch control
- Adaptive wheelie detection
- Quickshifter for shift assistance
- Engine – 999cc, four stroke, 4-cylinder liquid cooled, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke – 80 x 49.7mm
- Compression Ratio – 13:1
- Induction – Electronic fuel injection, digital motor electronic BMS-XP
- Transmission – 6 speed, multiple disc anti-hopping clutch in oil bath
- Final Drive – Chain
- Tyres – front 120/70-ZR17 , rear 200/55-ZR17
- Weight – 169kg dry , 199kg wet
- Max Power – 144kW / 193hp @ 13000rpm
- Max Torque – 112Nm @ 9750rpm
More from our Museum
BMW HP2 SPORT "High-Performance Twin"A true Race Replica from the Bayerische Motoren Werke! This is a surprisingly faithful replica of the factory's endurance racer, performance before unheard of from a road-going BMW.BMW Motorrad deliberately decided to further...
1982 DUCATI 900 MHR "Mike Hailwood Replica" Mike Hailwood also known as "Mike the Bike" is one of the most celebrated racers of all time. Having won 76 Grand Prix, 112 Grand Prix podiums, 14 Isle of Man TT wins and 9 World Championships. In 1978 after an 11 year break...
2014 BIMOTA TESI 3D 40 ANNIVERSARIO "The Forkless Wonder" Bimota is a small Italian manufacturer of custom and production motorcycles. It was founded in 1973 in Rimini, Italy, by Valerio BIanchi, Giuseppe MOrri and Massimo TAmburini. From the beginning they...