BMW HP2 SPORT
A true Race Replica from the Bayerische Motoren Werke! This is a surprisingly faithful replica of the factory’s endurance racer, performance before unheard of from a road-going BMW.
BMW Motorrad deliberately decided to further develop this historic engine concept, showing what they could do with this Boxer-engine if given free rein and they gave their technical boffins in the R&D department cart blanche and an open cheque book. In short, this is the best and most high-tech Boxer-engined BMW that the company will ever produce.
Besides the magnificent Boxer-engine, this is not a bike, but rather a moving work of art and technical excellence, techno porn of the highest order. This bike oozes with solid aluminium parts to the finest degree, from the top yoke, to eccentric footpeg adjustors allowing the riders peg and lever to swivel through 360 degrees range of heights. Standard features on this bike look like a list of the finest aftermarket accessories that you would spoil yourself with.
Clad in full Carbon Fibre bodywork right down to the carbon cylinder covers, Ohlins shocks, traditional BMW telelever front end, Brembo race brakes and sculptured integrated stainless steel exhaust.
Production ran from 2008 to 2010 with a total production of only 2259 units built.
It is adorned with:
- Full carbon body work
- Self-supporting carbon seat unit
- Carbon cylinder head protectors
- Quick shifter for gear selection
- MotoGP style dashboard (2008
- World Superbike dash by 2D as per the top teams)
- Lightweight forged aluminium wheels
- Racing Brembo brakes front
- Ohlins suspension front and rear
- Styled stainless steel exhaust
- Milled aluminium footpegs, top yoke and brake calipers to keep the weight down
- Engine – 1170cc, four stroke, 2 cylinder boxer air/oil-cooled, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke – 101 x 73mm
- Compression Ratio – 12.5:1
- Induction via BMS-K 52mm throttle butterfly
- Transmission – 6 speed, single-disc dry clutch
- Final Drive – Shaft
- Tyres – front 120/70-ZR17 , rear 190/55-ZR17
- Weight – 178kg dry
- Max Power – 96kW / 130hp @ 8750rpm
- Max Torque – 115Nm @ 6000rpm
- Standing 0-100km – 3,1sec
- Standing 0-150km – 5,4sec
- Top Speed – 248.7km/h
More from our Museum
Moto Guzzi is an iconic Italian motorcycle manufacturer that is well-known for their historical prominence in racing and innovation's. They introduced the first motorcycle center stand, first bike manufacturer to use a wind tunnel and they gave us the first 500cc...
Suzuki released an incredibly faithful reproduction of the original 1100cc, as a pocket rocket in the form of a 400cc, using the Suzuki Bandit motor as its heart
Aprilia with their heritage and race pedigree of 54 World titles to their name, stayed true to these principles when setting their goals with the RSV4 project.